Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I suck at blog world!

I really do, just awful. I forget to update or I run out of time or perhaps my life is just not interesting enough to keep a blog going. The latter is really a huge possibility. Although, we have done many fun things since my last posting.

The girls and I are learning how plants grow. We spent a sunny day a few weeks ago planting seeds and have since been taking care of them and watching them grow. We are planting a small raised bed garden with tomatoes, brussel sprouts, spinach, peppers and squash. We also planted a small raised bed flower garden. In addition to our family garden Gwendalyn planted her own small flowers inside. These flowers she is responsible for checking on and watering when we need to. Once they are mature enough we are going to transfer them over to individual pots and make them into gifts for Mother's Day. A giving heart is always a great thing to nurture!


We also made a trip to the beach two weekends ago. It was Lila's first beach vacation and the first one for Gwendalyn in over a year. A good time was certainly had by all, unfortunately we did not stay very long. We are gearing up for a bit longer trip to Topsail Island at the end of this month for a friend's wedding though so we are looking forward to that.

I am trying to become more devoted to my craft projects. I am the eternal start a project and forget it half way through kind of person. I have lots of half finished projects so I have decided to get better about it. So on my craft shelf right now are a pair of knit shorties for Lila which should be done some time next week. Once the shorties are done I have lots of projects lined up. There will be dyed playsilks for Easter and Christmas gifts, needle felted play food for Christmas, homemade playdoh for Easter, knitted blankets for each girl, crayon and chalk rolls complete with homemade crayons, and a few other small projects I will have in the works soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment