Monday, April 20, 2009

All things homemade

Like I have said before we are trying to become more aware of the toys and thing our kids have. So Easter was our first attempt at a mostly homemade holiday. In general I believe it went over relatively well. Although, I do admit I was a bit stressed out getting everything done in time. Next time I'll know to start much earlier. But here are some pictures of the girls Easter baskets. The first picture is Gwen's basket. She got a great little homemade bunny from the sweet work at home mom at buttinsky bows, 3 playsilks that I dyed, 2 wool play balls, a crayon roll, a doll sling, a new pair of crocs and a chocolate bunny. Lila also got a bunny from Buttinsky Bows, 3 playsilks, 2 wool balls and a lovey made by me.



I am slowly compiling my list of future crafty things to make. It seems like it's a never ending and always growing list at this point. i suppose I really need to get on the ball.

In addition to all my recent crafts Gwen and I have been growing some of our own veggies and flowers from seeds. Some of the flowers will be repotted and given to the grandmothers for Mother's Day. Others we will keep ourselves and take care of them. We were very excited to see them sprouting and we're looking forward to watching them grow and hopefully later this summer we will be able to eat some of our fresh grown tomatoes, spinach and brussel sprouts.
I am going to be posting my craft list on here and will post some tutorials and pictures as I get things done.
CRAFT LIST
Pink wool child size afghan-On the needle
Variegated wool longies-On the needle
Wool playfood-loaf of sandwich bread, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, orange slices, pizza, birthday cake, pasta, pasta sauce, fried eggs, bacon
4 Scarves
striped children's afghan
block child's afghan
Several cakes of felted soap
Felt playboard-barn animals, shapes, letters & numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment