Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silly Gwendalyn

I've decided today that I need to write a bit about both my girls. There are so many little moments that are just slipping by me that I am all too soon forgetting. Those little things that make Gwendalyn's personality that will change so quickly.

For those of you who are lucky enough to get to see and play with Gwen on a regular basis you know that she is a ball of energy. I cannot get over what a little lady she is becoming and how the bit of baby she had left is slowly disappearing. I was just looking at some old pictures of her a few weeks ago and could hardly recognize that little baby who used to cuddle up with me on the couch.

So here is a little list of things that make Gwendalyn 'Silly Gwen'.

-She is always wearing a dress. No matter where we go or what we are doing she insists on wearing a little dress.
-Gwendalyn also knows how to accessorize. It's not uncommon to see her wearing a pretty little bracelet and carrying a sparkly pocketbook and pretty little princess hat.
-You may wonder what it is a 2 1/2 year old keeps in a pocketbook. Well for Gwendalyn it's 3 or 4 Little People, a train or two and a couple of hair ties.
-Like most 2 year olds Gwen is also incredibly inquisitive. She wants to know how things work, or what they are, or where something is. I'll be the first to admit that all the questions drive me crazy on occasion but it is also such a blessing to be able to sit down and talk through the answer with her. And it is even more of a blessing when, instead of answering her question, I say 'What do you think?' It's amazing to see those little wheels turning in her head while she tries to come up with an answer which is sometimes right but it is always creative and almost always makes me laugh.
-Silly Gwen is also a great mommy. It isn't uncommon to see her rocking or nursing her babies. She pushes them in the buggy and loves to change their diapers and unfortunately for us she also likes to rub lotion on them and gives them baths. The messy little Cabbage Patch doll in the bathroom sink is proof of that.

and a few random facts about the 2 1/2 year old Silly Gwen.
-Her favorite color is green
-She likes to talk about how stinky her feet are
-She hates having her hair brushed and put up

No comments:

Post a Comment