Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a Goodmama kind of Saturday

If you ask most cloth diaper lovers what their favorite diaper is you will almost always get the same answer "Goodmama". I admit, I was very intrigued by this Goodmama diaper, they look cute, they were all the rave on cloth diaper forums and they cost more than I had ever paid for a cloth diaper. So I sought after one, I begged my husband to cough up the dough, I asked for them for Christmas but to no avail there was no Goodmama under the Christmas tree for me. So I took the plunge and bought one on my own, after all I had to know what all the fuss was about.

I waited what seemed like a painstakingly long time for that fluffy little package in my mailbox. The neighbors probably thought I was expecting some sort of top secret government surplus or something. Finally a week later it arrived. I ran inside, opened it up and did what all cloth diaper lovers do when they get a new diaper, I rubbed it, I opened it up to see all the layers, I inspected the snaps and then I rushed it up to the washing machine so I could take it for a trial run when Lila woke up from her nap.
First impression of this diaper, it's definitely nice, obviously very well made, super absorbant and silky soft. Goodmama's are a one size fitted diaper made of organic bamboo velour. For those that don't know fitted diapers go on much like a disposable would and then you put a cover of some sort over them to keep leaks away. They are made of all kinds of materials, but the most popular seems to be cotton, bamboo and hemp. Fitted diapers are my favorite of the moment.
So how do I like the Goodmama? I give it an 8 out of 10, which is pretty good for me. I haven't had a leak with it sense, not even overnight. As far as performance goes this diaper is darn near perfect but I did have to deduct 2 points because the snap placement bothers my little girl. I predict that as she gets bigger and more mobile the snaps won't bother her so much and Goodmamas may be my number one diaper of choice. Until then I will be continue my quest to find my favorite cloth diaper.

And just because you can't have a cloth diaper review without seeing it on a cute little green bottom here it is.




"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."----- Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment